Western Desert - White Desert Jeep Safari (4 Days)
|Back to Tours|
|Day 1||Departure from central meeting point in Cairo/ your hotel to Baharia Oasis - Egypt’s northernmost oasis.
Arrival in Baharia.
After lunch we visit El Bishmo (Roman Spring) and the Old Village and Gardens.
Head off to The Black Desert, which is a region of volcano shaped mountains with vast quantities of black stones.
Wander through The Old British Army House.
Heading Northeast to Bir El Mattar we finish our afternoon with a refreshing swim.
The day ends at our tented camp under the stars with Bedouin music and a barbecue dinner.
|Day 2||Breakfast at camp.
The day’s activities begin with El Meftella (Greek Temple), Museum of The Golden Mummies, The Temple of Alexander the Great, Oases Museum and Garet Helwa.
After lunch we head South to the White Desert. Here we discover spectacular limestone sculptures created by the forces of nature. Some resemble mushrooms and animals.
Back to camp to watch the sunset followed by dinner.
|Day 3||Breakfast at your hotel.
Early morning wake up to enjoy the desert sunrise before breakfast.
On to Farafra Oasis for a short visit to Badr’s Museum. Before lunch take a dip in a natural hot spring.
After lunch we head back to Baharia through The Western Desert.
On the way we visit the New White Desert, The El Akabat Valley (rose desert with its rosette shaped crystals), Khadra Spring, and Crystal Mountain so called because of calcite crystals in the soil. Some are as large as footballs.
Afternoon arrival in Baharia.
Bedouin party with barbecue dinner at camp.
|Day 4||Drive back to Cairo after breakfast and escorted to your hotel|
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 4;
- Entrance fees to all sites listed on your itinerary ;
- Guided desert safari tour in the capable hands of an authentic, English speaking Bedouin guide;
- One night hotel accommodation at Baharia Oasis based on a double room bed and breakfast basis;
- 4X4 transport for desert excursions and private air-conditioned transport to and from the Oases;
- Camping equipment and set up.
- Refreshments (water, snacks, beverages);
- Additional sightseeing not listed on your selected itinerary;
- VISAS, travel insurance, personal expenditure;
- Tipping at sites, restaurants and hotels etc.