Western Desert Jeep Safari - Black and White Desert (8 Days)
|Back to Tours|
|Day 1||Arrival and welcome at Cairo International Airport.
Bus transfer from Cairo to Alexandria.
Check in to you hotel.
Spend a full day visiting The Greco-Roman Museum, Fort Quaitbay (offers incredible views of the city), The Catacombs of Kom El Shokafa, and The Montazah Palace and Gardens.
Escorted to your hotel.
|Day 2||Breakfast at your hotel and check-out.
Drive to El Alamein where more than 80 000 soldiers were wounded or killed in WWII. Explore The El Alamein Museum. Afterwards, we continue our drive to the ancient Siwa Oasis.
Arrival in Siwa and check-in at your hotel.
|Day 3||Breakfast at your hotel.
Full guided day tour.
We begin at The Oracle of Amun, Cleopatra’s Bath, a hot water well famous for its healing properties. Then we visit the Temple of Amun, Gebel al Mawta (The Hill of the Dead,), and Shaly (Siwa’s ancient city).
Sunset at Fatnis Island (Fantasy Island).
Escorted to your hotel.
|Day 4||Breakfast at your hotel and check-out.
4X4 Jeep desert safari begins with a drive to Bir Wahed, a natural hot spring west of Siwa.
Drive continues to The Baharia Oasis over vast dunes of The Great Sand Sea.
We pass the two lakes area before stopping at sunset to set up your tented camp.
Experience a nomadic Bedouin evening around a campfire with barbecue dinner.
|Day 5||Breakfast at camp
Desert safari continues through The Great Sand Sea and Setra Dunes to Baharia Oasis.
Arrival in Baharia.
Stop for lunch.
After lunch we visit El Bishmo (Roman Spring), the Old Village and Gardens,
Head off to The Black Desert, which is a region of volcano shaped mountains with vast quantities of black stones.
Wander through The Old British Army House.
Heading Northeast to Bir El Mattar we finish the afternoon with a dip in a hot spring.
The day ends at camp under the stars with Bedouin music and a barbecue dinner.
|Day 6||Breakfast at camp.
The day’s tour begins with El Meftella (Greek Temple), The Museum of The Golden Mummies , The Temple of Alexander the Great, and Garet Helwa.
After lunch we head south to the White Desert. Here we discover spectacular limestone sculptures created by the forces of nature. Some resemble mushrooms and animals.
Back to camp to watch the sunset followed by dinner.
|Day 7||Watch the sunrise before breakfast.
On to Farafra Oasis for a short visit to Badr’s Museum. Before lunch you can take a dip in a natural hot spring. After lunch we head back to Baharia through The Western Desert.
On the way we visit the New White Desert, The El Akabat Valley (rose desert with its rosette shaped crystals), Khadra Spring, and Crystal Mountain so called because of calcite crystals in the soil. Some are as large as footballs.
Afternoon arrival in Baharia.
Check-in to your hotel.
|Day 8||Breakfast at your hotel and check-out.
Drive back to Cairo and escorted to your hotel.
- Hotel Accommodation (1 night in Alexandria, 2 nights in Siwa, 1 night in Baharia). Hotel accommodation is based on a double room bed and breakfast basis;
- Transfers and air-conditioned transportation to and from all sites listed on your itinerary;
- Entrance fees to all sites listed on your itinerary;
- Guided desert safari tours in the capable hands of an English speaking Bedouin guide;
- 4X4 transport for desert excursions and private air-conditioned transport to and from the Oases;
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 5;
- Camping equipment and set up.
- Refreshments (water, snacks, beverages);
- Additional sightseeing not listed on your selected itinerary;
- VISAS, travel insurance, personal expenditure;
- Tipping at sites, restaurants and hotels etc.