Cairo, Luxor and Desert Jeep Safari (10 Days)
|Back to Tours|
|Day 1||Arrival and welcome at Cairo International Airport.
Assisted through customs.
Escorted to your hotel.
|Day 2||Breakfast at your hotel.
Morning visit to the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.
From here we drive to the Egyptian Museum of antiquities, which houses many of Egypt’s national archeological assets. These include treasures belonging to the boy King Tutankhamun.
Afterwards we drive to the awe inspiring Citadel once fortress to the notorious Saladin. The Citadel complex contains the alabaster Mohammed Ali Mosque. Take in some of the best views of the city from the mosque terrace.
Escorted back to your hotel.
|Day 3||Free day to explore at your leisure.|
|Day 4||Breakfast at your hotel and check-out.
Transfer to Baharia Oasis.
We drive to the symmetrical Pyramid Mountain, The Old British Army House, Black Mountains, and hot and cold springs.
Overnight in your hotel.
|Day 5||Breakfast at your hotel and checkout
Drive to The Black Desert, which is a region of volcano shaped mountains with vast quantities of black stones. Crossing sand dunes, we head off to The Crystal Mountain so called because of calcite crystals in the soil. Some are as large as footballs.
On to The White Desert. Here we discover spectacular limestone sculptures created by the forces of nature. Some resemble mushrooms and animals.
Dinner under the stars and overnight camp.
|Day 6||Breakfast at camp.
Drive to El Akabat (rose desert with its rosette shaped crystals) before heading back to Cairo via Bahria.
Once in Cairo you will be escorted to the station for your first class seat on the overnight train to Luxor.
|Day 7||Arrival in Luxor. You will be met at the station and escorted to your hotel.
In the afternoon your tour of the East Bank begins with a visit to the spectacular Luxor and Karnak Temples.
Overnight at your hotel.
|Day 8||Early breakfast at your hotel.
Today we head off to The Valley of The Kings to explore a few of the more than 60 ancient royal tombs. We also visit The Valley of The Queens You will see the majestic Colossi of Memnon.
Transfer to Luxor Station for your first class passage on the overnight train back to Cairo.
|Day 9||Arrival in Cairo. You will be met at the station and escorted to your hotel.
Free day to explore at your leisure.
|Day 10||Breakfast at your hotel.
Transfer to Cairo International Airport.
- Full assistance from the time we meet at the airport until you say farewell to the land of the pharaohs;
- All air-conditioned transportation and transfers in Egypt to sites listed on your itinerary;
- Entrance fees to all sites listed on your itinerary
- Guided tours in the capable hands of knowledgeable English-speaking guides;
- Hotel accommodation if you book through us. Keep in mind that prices may vary based on quality, location and amenities. All accommodation is based on a double room bed and breakfast basis;
- Camping equipment and set up;
- 4X4 transport for desert excursions;
- First class seated train fare (sleeping compartment is extra);
- Camping equipment.
- Lunch and dinner (except for dinner and breakfast at desert camp);
- Refreshments (water, snacks, beverages);
- Additional sightseeing not listed on your selected itinerary;
- VISAS, travel insurance, personal expenditure;
- Tipping at sites, restaurants and hotels etc.